Entries: March 1 – 15
Submit your video recordings for FREE.
If you are approved by the judges to pass pre-screening, you can participate in the final round.
March 1 – April 10
|Free Entries:||March 1 – 15|
|Pre-screening:||March 16 – 20|
|Final Round Applications:||March 21 – 25|
|Judging:||March 26 – April 9|
|Prizes and Recognition Announcement:||April 10|
The 2021 Baroque Music Competition is open to singers, instrumentalists, and ensembles of all ages and nationalities. All musical instruments, including piano, string instruments, wind instruments, and percussion, and music pieces or movements from composers born in the period 1600 – 1750 will be accepted.
Musicians of all ages are encouraged to apply, especially young children who may not have much experience but are enthusiastic about sharing their musical abilities.
Depending on the number and variety of applicants, we reserve the right to adjust the above categories accordingly.
- You must perform a music piece or movement from a composer born in the period 1600 – 1750.
- Please fill out the appropriate Baroque Application Form below:
- Solo Baroque Application Form
- Duet Baroque Application Form
- Trio Baroque Application Form
- Quartet+ Baroque Application Form
- If you are approved by the judges to pass pre-screening, you will receive an email invitation with instructions on how to apply to the final round.
- Keep in mind that the performance video you submit for the pre-screening round will be evaluated again for the final round.
- Please do not be disheartened if you do not advance to the final round, as we receive applications from many talented musicians and can only approve a limited number to advance to the final round. Keep trying and never give up!
- If you advance to the final round and grant us permission, you are guaranteed to be featured on our YouTube channel: Charleston International Music Competition.
- Seven qualified judges will evaluate your pre-screening and final round applications. Please note that the decision of our judges is final and cannot be appealed.
- Each category has multiple prizes.
- Our judges may award additional special prizes and recognition.
- Winners and their music teachers will receive diplomas, their portrait photo and music biography will be published on the results page of our website, and their performance will be shared on our YouTube channel: Charleston International Music Competition.