Between the 2020 Contemporary Music Competition and the 2020 Romantic Music Competition, the 2020 Fan Favorite Music Competition serves to popularize music during difficult and uncertain times while giving performers of all musical genres the opportunity to share their musical abilities without any restrictions. For the very first time, this competition allows the general public to judge musical performances.
September 1 – October 31
|Entries:||September 1 – 30|
|Video Entries Uploaded to YouTube:||October 1 – 5|
|Voting:||October 1 – 24|
|Results Processing:||October 24 – 30|
|Prizes and Recognition Announcement:||October 31|
Entries: September 1 – 30
1. Pay an application fee of $19.97 for a solo performance, $29.97 for a duet performance, $34.97 for a trio performance, and $39.97 for a quartet, quintet, sextet, septet, or octet performance. Please pay with a PayPal account or PayPal Credit through PayPal. Please note that the application fee is non-refundable.
4 or more Performers
2. Once you have submitted your payment, please fill out the appropriate Fan Favorite Application Form below:
- Solo Fan Favorite Application Form
- Duet Fan Favorite Application Form
- Trio Fan Favorite Application Form
- Quartet+ Fan Favorite Application Form
3. Lastly, please email us your portrait photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure to check the image file size and resize your photo if it is larger than 1.5 MB in size before emailing it to us.
- Make sure to check that the image file name only includes your name(s) and is either a JPEG or PNG file. For example, if your name is John Doe, your image file name should either be John Doe.jpg or John Doe.png. For multiplayer performances, your image file name should list all musicians. For example, if your names are John Doe and Jane Smith, your image file name should either be John Doe Jane Smith.jpg or John Doe Jane Smith.png.
Voting: October 1 – 24
- By applying to the 2020 Fan Favorite Music Competition, your video performance will be uploaded to our YouTube channel: Charleston International Music Competition between October 1 and October 5 in the order that applicants submitted their video entries. In other words, by submitting your application earlier, your performance will be featured earlier.
- Starting October 1, you can begin voting for performances submitted by other applicants by liking their videos featured on our YouTube channel: Charleston International Music Competition. On October 24 at 12:00 PM EDT, we will count the likes on each video to determine the winners. Please note that dislikes will not be counted.
The 2020 Fan Favorite Music Competition is open to singers, instrumentalists, and ensembles of all ages and nationalities. All musical instruments, including piano, string instruments, wind instruments, and percussion, and music pieces or movements from composers born in any time period will be accepted.
Musicians of all ages are encouraged to apply, especially young children who may not have much experience but are enthusiastic about sharing their musical abilities.
- 5 – 9 years
- 10 – 14 years
- 15 – 19 years
- 20+ years
Depending on the number and variety of applicants, we reserve the right to adjust the above age groups and categories accordingly.
- Prizes will be distributed depending on the number of likes for each video entry featured on our YouTube channel: Charleston International Music Competition.
- All musicians and their music teachers will receive diplomas, their portrait photo and music biography will be published on the results page of our website, and their performance will be shared on our YouTube channel: Charleston International Music Competition.