Entries: December 1 – 15
Submit your video recordings for FREE.
If you are approved by the judges to pass pre-screening, you can participate in the final round.
December 1 – January 10
|Free Entries:||December 1 – 15|
|Pre-screening:||December 16 – 20|
|Final Round Applications:||December 21 – 25|
|Judging:||December 26 – January 9|
|Prizes and Recognition Announcement:||January 10|
The 2020 Holiday Music Competition is open to singers, instrumentalists, and ensembles of all ages and nationalities. All musical instruments, including piano, string instruments, wind instruments, and percussion, and holiday songs or music pieces/movements from composers born on any holiday will be accepted.
Musicians of all ages are encouraged to apply, especially young children who may not have much experience but are enthusiastic about sharing their musical abilities.
Depending on the number and variety of applicants, we reserve the right to adjust the above categories accordingly.
- You must perform a holiday song or music piece/movement from a composer born on any holiday.
- Please fill out the appropriate Holiday Application Form below:
- Solo Holiday Application Form
- Duet Holiday Application Form
- Trio Holiday Application Form
- Quartet+ Holiday Application Form
- If you are approved by the judges to pass pre-screening, you will receive an email invitation with instructions on how to apply to the final round.
- Please do not be disheartened if you do not advance to the final round, as we receive applications from many talented musicians and can only approve a limited number to advance to the final round. Keep trying and never give up!
- If you advance to the final round and grant us permission, you are guaranteed to be featured on our YouTube channel: Charleston International Music Competition.
- Please click here to learn more details about completing your application.
- Five qualified judges will evaluate your pre-screening and final round applications. Please note that the decision of our judges is final and cannot be appealed.
- Each category has multiple prizes.
- Our judges may award additional special prizes and recognition.
- Winners and their music teachers will receive diplomas, their portrait photo and music biography will be published on the results page of our website, and their performance will be shared on our YouTube channel: Charleston International Music Competition.