A 4th grader at Pine Grove Elementary School in Avon, CT, Yiqing Tang began Suzuki cello at around age 4 and Suzuki piano at around age 6 at the Hartt School of Music Community Division (HCD). Her teachers are Blake Brasch (cello) and Malgosia Lis (piano).
Major music honors and awards include:
– Selected to perform in the HCD Piano Junior Showcase Recital (2022 & 2023)
– 1st prize in the Primary Division of the Society of American Musicians (SAM) 2022 Cello Competition
– 3rd place in group 1 of the 2022 Hartford Music Teacher’s Alliance’s Virtuoso Piano Competition
– Silver Award in the 2021 Hartford Music Teacher’s Alliance’s Raising Pianists Competition
– Accepted by audition to join a piano master class for the 2020 biannual Suzuki Association of the Americas Conferences (event canceled)
Yiqing has been actively participating in talent-based volunteering activities to share the love of music and promote music education. During the pandemic, Yiqing contributed to several virtual concerts to comfort those isolated at home and in the hospital.