Entries: November 1 – 15
Submit your video recordings for FREE.
If you are approved by the judges to pass pre-screening, you can participate in the final round.
November 1 – December 10
|Free Entries:||November 1 – 15|
|Pre-screening:||November 16 – 20|
|Final Round Applications:||November 21 – 25|
|Judging:||November 26 – December 9|
|Prizes and Recognition Announcement:||December 10|
The 2021 Romantic Music Competition is open to singers, instrumentalists, and ensembles of all ages and nationalities. All musical instruments, including piano, string instruments, wind instruments, and percussion, and music pieces or movements from composers born in the period 1800 – 1910 will be accepted. These composers include but are not limited to Chopin, Liszt, Tchaikovsky, Schumann, and Mendelssohn.
Musicians of all ages are encouraged to apply, especially young children who may not have much experience but are enthusiastic about sharing their musical abilities. We do not have any age restrictions and have had winners as young as 4 years old and other winners into their 70s. Please see the results of our previous competitions here as examples of how we usually determine age group categories.
Depending on the number and variety of applicants, we reserve the right to adjust the above categories accordingly. Please see the results of our previous competitions here as examples of how we usually determine instrument categories.
- You must perform a music piece or movement from a composer born in the period 1800 – 1910.
- Please fill out the appropriate Romantic Application Form below:
- Solo Romantic Application Form
- Duet Romantic Application Form
- Trio Romantic Application Form
- Quartet+ Romantic Application Form
- If you are approved by the judges to pass pre-screening, you will receive an email invitation with instructions on how to apply to the final round.
- Keep in mind that the performance video you submit for the pre-screening round will be evaluated again for the final round.
- Please do not be disheartened if you do not advance to the final round, as we receive applications from many talented musicians and can only approve a limited number to advance to the final round. Keep trying and never give up!
- If you advance to the final round and grant us permission, you are guaranteed to be featured on our YouTube channel: Charleston International Music Competition.
- A jury of qualified judges will evaluate your pre-screening and final round applications based on criteria for artistry. Please note that the decision of our judges is final and cannot be appealed.
- Winners and their music teachers will receive personalized certificates of recognition, their portrait photo and music biography will be published on the results page of our website, and their performance will be shared on our YouTube channel: Charleston International Music Competition.
- All finalists will also be eligible for both the 2021 Romantic Most Exceptional Performer $100 Prize and the December 2021 Performer of the Month $100 Prize.